Thursday, October 19, 2017

Pumpkin Spice and Gary Paulsen

October 19, 2017

Every Thursday, you’ll get this short, fun, relevant newsletter. It will contain a quote or smile about the library and those who love it, an idea you can use to promote your library or reading in general, and an occasional shameless plug for the programs I offer. Enjoy!

If you are new to us or have missed any previous issues, you can read them all at www.smartlibrarians.com. And, please; tell your friends about it!

In this issue:
Quotable
Pumpkin Spice
That’s a Great Idea!

Quotable

“I owe everything I am and everything I will ever be to books.”
Gary Paulsen, Newberry Award Winning Author

“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”
Confucius

Pumpkin Spice (It IS that time of year!)

Q: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? A: Pumpkin pi.

Q: What do you use to mend a jack-o-lantern?
A: A pumpkin patch.

Q: Why did the elephant paint her toenails orange?
A: So she could hide in the pumpkin patch!
Q: Have you ever seen an elephant in a pumpkin patch? No? See how good it works?

That’s a Great Idea!

Another terrific idea from our contest earlier this year! If you’d like to submit an idea to share with your colleagues, hit return and share!

“I moved a desk into the middle of the library with my nameplate and title. Instead of working in my office, I am on the floor to be more accessible to students.”
Emily B. Wolfe, West Madison Elementary

See you next week!

Encouraging kids to read, I am
Tommy Johns

No comments:

Post a Comment